Did You YOU KNOW…?
· There are 0 vitamins & minerals in sugar
· 2% of people maintain a 20lb weight loss
· 2.7% of men & women were obese in the UK in 1972
· Olive oil has 9 times the saturated fat of pork
· Obesity rates for women in the UK increased 10 fold between 1972 & 1999
· 90% of people in the UK will be overweight or obese by 2050
· 98% of people don’t lose weight or regain what they lost
· If the calorie theory were correct, every human would lose 104 lbs every year, with a 1,000 calorie a day deficit (no matter their gender, starting weight etc)
· The average Brit consumes 1,130 sugar and flour calories each day
· A vegan needs to eat 2,222 grams of sunshine grown mushrooms every day to get the RDA of vitamin D (10mcg)
· The world’s heaviest man is 1,235 lbs (88 stone; 560kg)
· 912 million prescriptions were dispensed in Britain in 2007
· There are 1.5 billion overweight or obese adults (20+) in the world
· Lipitor, just one statin has an annual sales value of $12 billion – statins are drugs that stops the body producing the cholesterol that the body is designed to produce
· The USA diet market was worth $60.9 billion in 2009
· The combined revenues of the (food, drink & drug) partners and premium sponsors of the American Dietetic Association are $467 billion
· Celiac disease is a genetic autoimmune disease that damages the villi of the small intestine and interferes with absorption of nutrients from food.
· An estimated 1 in 133 Americans, or about 1% of the population, has celiac disease.
· Celiac disease can affect men and women across all ages and races.
· It is estimated that 83% of Americans who have celiac disease are undiagnosed or misdiagnosed with other conditions.
· 6-10 years is the average time a person waits to be correctly diagnosed. (Source: Daniel Leffler, MD, MS, The Celiac Center at Beth Israel Deaconness Medical Center)
· 5-22% of celiac patients have an immediate family member (1st degree relative) who also has celiac.
· Celiac disease can lead to a number of other disorders including infertility, reduced bone density, neurological disorders, some cancers, and other autoimmune diseases.